Have you ever experienced the side effects of sitting for a long time? The novel coronavirus has forced most of us to work from home. Those who are taking courses are too forced to do it online.
Teachers teaching online are forced to sit for a long time contrary to what they are used to. Student may change the sitting position in a normal class but for online classes, same position is maintained.
Sitting for long hours at the same position has come with some problems.
There is an increase of backache to the victims. Some have experienced swelling of feet. Others feel a lot of fatigue from sitting at the same position for long. Sitting glued to the screen causes headaches and eye problems.
Then, what should we do to prevent these problems? Don’t mind, there is a way out.
- Give yourself some short breaks.
- Change the sitting position after sometimes.
- Do some exercises as you are seated such as moving of the legs, hands and shoulders.
- Move the eyes away from the screen for some time. Focus at a distance before you come back to the screen.
- Exercise before you start your day and if possible after you are done with the busy day.
Next time you need to sit for long, take note of the above.
Do you have other experience you can add to the list? Feel free to put it done as a comment below.